Wednesday, July 13, 2011

IKAT INSANITY!

As M and I get our new (awesome downtown riverfront) apartment ready, I'm thinking about how I can update some of my stuff and make it a little more boy-friendly.   I have a chair and ottoman that I want to reupholster in a fun print.  After browsing tons of blogs and Pinterest boards, I've really fallen for ikat fabric.

 In case you haven't been paying attention lately, it is everywhere!  Originally created in Central and South America, ikat is a dyeing technique that creates some beautiful patterns.  I like to look at it as an upscale tie dye for your inner hippy with a southwestern flair!  Check out all of these ways you can sport ikat - which one is best for you?


1. | 2. | 3. | 4. | 5. | 6. | 7. | 8. | 9.10.11.12.13.

Can't wait for Deathly Hallows Part 2!
*note:  no. 9 is an ASOS design from a company acting under the Fair Trade movement.  And the designer is Emma Watson.  sigh...she's amazing, gorgeous and socially responsible.

feliz de decoraciĆ³n - Sarah


1 comment:

  1. every one post awesome...
    clik it...: http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete