Monday, February 20, 2012

MAKEUP ESSENTIALS

I wanted to share some of my makeup staples.  I love to try new products whenever possible but I usually stick to tried and true goods for my daily routine.  I buy my makeup at Sephora because of their great selection and I love using the Beauty Insider program.  I have found some of my favorites when they were a free reward.  

I store my make up in a great bag from Target that my bff gave me for my birthday.  It's super convenient when I travel because I don't have to sift through everything to find what I want to pack.  I keep that bag inside a Martha Stewart basket I bought at KMart about 6 years ago!  My brushes are stored in the makeup bag or a cup inside the box.  Any makeup I don't use regularly but want to keep is stored also in the basket.

 Here's the inside of my makeup bag.  I keep the brushes mostly stored in the dividers and everything else in the main compartment.  Most of my brushes are from Body Shop - so amazingly soft.  There are a couple from Walgreens' EcoTools.

Here's a look at what I use for my daily makeup routine {counter clockwise from top}:
Too Faced eye shadow palette {not available for purchase, received as a 500 pt gift}
Benefit's Hello Flawless powder in champagne 
Fresh Magic Wands Mini Mascara Duo {I like to layer these on my lashes}
Stila's One Step Correct primer
Sephora Kohl Pencil eye liner
MAC bronzer
Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc blush and bronzer - {I love to use this as a highlighter also}
Sephora Collection matte blush in sunbaked 


When I'm dressing up a bit more or want longer-lasting coverage, I go a little heavier on the makeup:
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup foundation
Benefit Boi-ing concealer in light
Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer {amazing for a zit, it covers and helps get rid of it}
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray 

I stand by all of these products but by no means think they are the end all..I am always looking for something better.  Besides it's the inner beauty that counts, right?! -Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment