Wednesday, May 09, 2012

DISCOUNT DESIGNERS

I recently went out for an afternoon intending to run errands but instead ended hitting up all of our local "cheapy" stores.  I was inspired by the new {to me} blog J's Everyday Fashion.  This Miami based blogger has an endless amount of adorable outfits and she often incorporates bargains from stores like Kohls {LC's high-low skirt duh!}.

I was surprised to see how many designer collections are available out there for a wallet-friendly price.  

At JCP:

My bff J and I shopped at this Euro-chic store in Spain...it seems to be good for basics.  The JCP line was slightly disappointing both in price and availability.  There were some great office-friendly pieces if you need work clothes and some adorable totes.  {Tried on:  colored skinnies; No purchase made}


This might be on the out.  My JCP has a tiny section with little selection - disappointing.  The dress I tried on was a small and was HUGE and there was no xs to be found.  {Tried on:  floral dress; No purchase made}


Next stop Kohls:

I have seen many of these pieces on the blogosphere but sadly did not see those great pieces in my store.  It had certainly been picked over there was no high-low skirt  or pastel skinnies to be found. Sad! {Tried on:  silk blazer (not online); No purchase made}


I had no idea this collection existed!  Many of the pieces had a great rocker chic vibe like harsh graphic tees and bright studded blazers but the prices seemed too high for Kohls.  Of course everything seems to always be on sale at Kohls...R&R was 30% off.  {Tried on: blue skinnies; Skinnies purchased!}

Kohls also has Simply Vera Vera Wang, Jennifer Lopez, and ELLE which I didn't try on.  And I have yet to see Sears' Kardashian Kollection in person.

So in the end I spent a couple of hours and only purchased one item.  What do you think?  Are these designer collections worth the time or would you rather stick to your regular retail shops?  Is the quality worth the price increase or are you setting yourself up for a let down like the Jason Wu collection?  If you are interested, I suggest you track new releases and hit it up asap for maximum availability.

To save or not to save? -Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment